Sunday, November 10, 2013

Winter is coming.

Well, it is getting cold in Belgium, there is no snow yet and the leaves are still on the trees, so technically it is fall, but winter is definitely coming. The increased amount of darkness is one sign, I would like you to observe the following photos please





Absolutely gorgeous sunset no?? I think so, the only problem I had with that sunset is that I took those pictures as I was leaving school. Take a moment for that to sink in.... On Mondays I am released at 5:00 PM (17:00) and by the time I walk down to my after school French class it is dark out. I am not complaining though because the view is really good all the way there! 

Not a whole lot happened this week, so I haven't got much to report. I had fun with my theater troupe, attended a Rotary dinner at the usual schwanky establishment, I am going to a birthday party this afternoon and visiting a new town Monday. So what can I write about right now? Oooh, my grades came in! They were terrible, except for gym and English, I aced gym, which until now I did not realize was a graded subject and I got 15 out of 20 in English. Only because our tests had portions that required English text to be translated into French. I feel I have to explain that because it is a tad embarrassing not to score 100 percent in your own language. I am hopeful that my next grades will be better because as my knowledge of the language improves I can actually try to participate more in class. Admittedly it is a little weird to be trying to get good grades when I have already graduated but my teachers don't like it when I just read Harry Potter all class, even if it is in French! By the by, did you know that in French Hogwarts is called Poudlard??? And that Hufflepuff is directly translated into Poufsouffle!? It's hilarious! I have been reading the fourth book for quite some time now and it has been very good for my vocabulary, not so much for my pronunciation as I tend to read everything in a Spanish accent, but hey it's progress! 

Ok, sorry I don't have anything more to write about, next week I will have a ton of stuff so tune in then! I have an exotic dinner to attend. But I would like to end today by asking you who read this to ask me questions, what are you curious about life in Europe? I would love to be able to answer anything people might be wondering. Well, until next time then, and remember, no matter how tired you are, never sit on a bench after it has rained, that is not a mahogany shine you are seeing, that is water...


2 comments:

  1. That was not a bad report. What town are you going to? Take and post some of your Rotary lunch pictures. I would like share them with the club here in Northfield. Other students send letters to the club, I don't know if you want to send to both Northfield and Faribault clubs, but that would be great. I have not been to Rotary very often, but would go just to share your pictures if you also post notes on them and a little story that you think they would enjoy here. Have a great week, we are just getting going for the day here in Northfield.

    ReplyDelete