Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fete de Wallonie!

Bonjour, Cou Cou, Allo, Ca va? All of those are examples of the many different greetings given in my new home. Now.... The last time I posted I dropped a little hint about "le Fete de Wallonie," since it started on Wednesday I figure it's about time I fill you in as to what it is! Le Fete de Wallonie is a celebration of Belgiums origins, specifically Wallonian Heritage. Namur is right at the center of the festivities and everyone celebrates every day and every night for over half a week. There are over 20 different concerts a day in various parts of Namur, every cafe and bar is open 24 hours a day and there is stilt fighting, boat jousting, old fashioned bowling and every different kind of activity you can think of going on from Wednesday till Sunday. Here are some pictures of the setup that I have taken:










I am very excited for the next couple of days, I will keep you updated on my activities!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Will,
    We're curious about your 'posting time' which was 8:29am. IS THAT
    THE TIME YOU WROTE? or the time here in the US??? What are the
    hours of your school (other than Mondays!)
    Thanks for keeping us posted! Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete