Monday, September 30, 2013

Another week, another journey!

Hello! Bonjour a Tous!! Normally I would use Vous, but Tous is a familiar term and if you don't mind I prefer that. I must lead this post with an apology, it has been far too long since I last posted. In my defense, I have been having a really good time. Now, where to start? Well, I went to Liege to see "La Batte" Don't worry about Googling it, I'll save you the time, La Batte is a road in Liege that gets filled every Sunday by the largest open air market I have ever seen. There I found a rather large variety of things which I could buy, rather extreme variety, from the finest quality cheeses:


To suspender sweatpants :)


Yes those are sewn on, I have tell you, it took quite a lot of self control not to buy those, I'm still not sure I made the right decision....

A couple of friends and I decided to check out the Stromae concert in Brussels last Friday. And as Friday was a public holiday we decided to spend the day there as well, we bought some waffles:


















Saw the Manneken Pis:


Visited the Grand Place to see Stromae run his soundcheck:
(you can see him)!



And then went to get some dinner!



We also stopped at the Museum of Costumes to view the last 60 years of popular styles, but I didn't take pictures. That evening when we returned to the Grand Place we discovered (to great dismay) that due to the massive amount of people trying to crowd into the space they had to block it off after 7. That was a bummer, technically we saw him perform that afternoon so it wasn't a total bust.

The next day was Kayak day! Descente de le Lesse, an activity organized by Rotex (Older Rotary kids who have already gone on exchange). A more beautiful day for the trip could not have been asked for! Sunny but not hot, I believe the most accurate term would be pleasant. About 100 kids participated in the activity, which was  sight in-itself. Luckily for us all the Descente de le Lesse is a family activity, I can't imagine what would have happened if we had tried rapids. As it was we still had our fair share of swamps. We all descended in pairs, which is something I am not used to, but thought was a good idea, buddy system and all. It took about 5 hours to get from the Gendron-Celles start to the Anseremme end. 


My lovely Kayak partner and myself.

That was Saturday, a couple friends stayed the night at my Host parents house and we explored Namur together. Lucky for me Sunday was very relaxed, because at that point I was very tired and not at all ready for Monday.

Then Monday came, and I went to FIFF! What is FIFF? The Festival International du Film Francophone of course :) 

 As it happens, since I am in the Audio Visuel program in IATA we are going to be spending most of this week viewing various award winning films, today we watched "Offline". It was very well done, I even managed to follow along, which I am very happy about, after the movie my class attended a Q and A with the main actor, which was cool!




Well, I think that is all for now, I need to remember that it is easier to post more often then all at once, I will write again soon, that is a promise! A ton tot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment