Sunday, October 27, 2013

Walibi!!

Hello! Yes, it is Sunday, so it's my day to write!! The highlight of my week was a visit to the Belgian amusement park, Walibi!!


I went with some friends from school on an absolutely beautiful day. One of those rare ones here in Belgium, sunny and warm!! But not too warm, just enough that you can wear a t-shirt you know?

Walibi is an amazing place, and it is situated rather in the middle of nowhere, which allows for some really awesome scenery!





Now, since it is Halloween time Walibi has some extra "themed" attractions! Lots of horror stuff, obviously. We visited 2 different haunted houses, which were very scary and made me realize that I haven't actually done haunted houses before, unless you count those TAB ones, (Teenage Advisory Board to the Northfield public library) and somehow I don't quite think those were on the same level.






I couldn't take pictures inside the attractions, because I was too busy having my pants scared off! No but really, there were some pretty terrifying moments, the second haunted house was by far the scarier! Allow me to elaborate. It was within a large warehouse, as far as I can tell, it was hard to distinguish anything with all the noise and flashing lights and screaming. But you go in, and you can't see a blinking thing, you have to go through tons of doors, and every time you go to the next area there is something new to scare you, but you can't tell where it is gonna come from or what it is going to be! The scariest point for me was when a huge man, probably over 300 pounds came lumbering out of a hole in the wall, covered from head to foot in blood and brandishing a running chainsaw. The smell of gasoline, and the strobe lights, and him charging straight at me put me in quite a state I can assure you, especially when he actually attacked with the chain saw. It was quite safe, he had taken the chain off the saw, so really the tool was harmless, but as I didn't know that at the time the effect was very good.

Walibi has all sorts of other things to do, we went on the roller coaster "Dracula" the king Tut ride, the story of Ali Baba, a tower of power, Project Z, Etc. The only draw back was the lines, looooong wait times. Once it got dark they put on a fireworks show, complete with accompanying music, trippy lights, flame throwers, and confetti cannons!!! Please refer to the video below for an excerpt:


Trop cool non? I thought so, have I told you about the Zombies yet? I don't think so! So, wandering around the park all day were these brilliantly made up actors that looked like Zombies, they walked around and you could take pictures with them or they would sneak up on you and scare you! That was always funny, one poor woman turned around and one of them was inches away from her, so she jumped backwards into a hedge out of fright, in full view of more than a hundred people waiting in line.... I really can't think of anything so mortifying, I would be crazy embarrassed. She took it in stride though! 







Yeah so, I think that is all That I have to tell you for now, thank you for reading! I will finish this post with pretty pictures that I took while waiting in various lines :) Until next week then!













No comments:

Post a Comment