Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday!



Today is in fact, Monday, the beginning of a week, this morning I went with my host parents, Luc Andre and Valerie to my new school! (http://www.iata.be/?action=home) I am enrolling in 3rd Degree, and taking the Audiovisual course. Let me take you through my day, first we went to my school, I met my next host Mother, she is very sweet, and knows next to no English, after conversing with a school official and enrolling me in my courses we took a little walk around the campus here are some pictures:










I didn't want to hold everyone up so I only took a few, the place is pretty awesome though, after walking around for a bit we left and dropped Luc Andre off at what I can only assume is his job, then Valerie took me to run some errands. We stopped at the Hôtel de Ville de Namur, which is where people register for Citizenship, that was a long wait, over an hour I believe but we got through it, and now I have all the paperwork, I am not sure what the next step is but it seems that is okay. Next we went to a Fritterie, where they sell fries, Belgium is famous for its fries, I did not know this but it is apparent when you get here as there are Fritteries on every corner. I don't know if anyone reading this has seen "Pulp Fiction" but if you have you will recall a scene where John Travolta talks to Samuel L. Jackson about people in France using Mayonnaise on their Fries. I can officially confirm this!











I decided not to try it out however, and ordered Ketchup with mine. Now, I only wanted a few fries, so I ordered a small, or maybe it was medium and they don't have small, anyhow, the Moyennes. This is what I got!






Now, I put the Coke can in for size comparison, pretty big no? I think so. After Frites, we went to the Bank to create my account, once again I sat and listened while Valerie did all the talking. Once finished there we stopped by a camera shop and a pharmacy, then drove back home. It's been a rather productive day, tonight my upcoming host family is coming over for dinner, I am excited to meet them all.

So far my stay has been amazing, the people are nice, the food, oohh the food! so far, I have only had three meals prepared by my family, each meal has been something I typically avoid, but here, well, here every meal has been delicious, I don't understand it. I have been walking around Jambes, which I learned is pronounced: Jam-buh. I have gone biking around Namur and Down the river Muese, I have made many observations, too many to write down, but I will share my favorites with you. Observation 1, These:



These are made of plastic, they bend very easily, I discovered this when I attempted to jump on top of one. Observation 2, here ice cream is a typical midday snack! Observation 3, everyone speaks inhumanly fast. The rest of my observations are a bit boring. I leave you now, until next time, to close, I will post the view from my room!









No comments:

Post a Comment